Doncaster Rugby Football Club was founded in 1875. In the early 1920’s DRFC moved to a site near the town centre where it shared a ground with the cricket club. This uneasy liaison lasted for 30 years before the Club moved to its existing ground at Armthorpe Road, some three miles away from the town.
In November 2000 the new Clubhouse opened, creating the present Castle Park. The complex includes one large suite, the Arms Park, and two smaller suites, Twickenham and Murrayfield, all with their own private bars and access to the balcony which overlooks the 1st XV pitch. These three suites together can be amalgamated to create the Millennium Suite for larger functions. The fourth suite available in the Clubhouse building is the Lansdowne, also used as the members’ bar.
In 2002, the Hesley Group kindly funded the erection of the Hesley Suite, a separate building, with a private bar and balcony. It is an excellent place in which to have a small, private party.
During the summer of 2008, the old West Stand was demolished to make way for a brand new stand, the De Mulder Lloyd stand, creating two large function suites, Woodside and Clubhouse small and large syndicate rooms, private boxes and a large concourse.